AddressWarszawa Oleandrów 6 View map
The European Academy of Diplomacy is pleased to announce its inaugural Commercial & Economic Diplomacy training course to begin in 2014. The program aims to provide recent graduates and young professionals with a refined skill-set, specific knowledge, and genuine experience in the growing field of commercial and economic diplomacy so as to further their internationally minded careers. The course achieves its core objectives by combining intensive lectures and interactive training modules with detailed analysis of current trade and investment issues through economic, political, legal, and cultural lenses.
- International economic and business trends – how companies select countries to invest in
- Negotiating free trade agreements & dispute settlement – skills in addressing current bilateral and multilateral trade issues
- Presentation and networking skills, effective communications and negotiations in economic diplomacy
- Investment and export promotion
- Developing a market entry checklist – guidelines for an action plan
- Relations with press, public, and legislative bodies
- Commercial attaché tradecraft – making full use of briefings, events, delegations & intelligence
- Country promotion and the image building process – best practices in economic diplomacy
- Examples of effective economic diplomacy around the world
- Career-minded professionals in the economic and commercial departments of government
- Junior professionals seeking to gain experience in the realms of commercial and economic diplomacy
- Employees of regional and local governments whom are invested in cross border economic development
- Masters students and recent graduates interested in a career as a Commercial Diplomat
- Business minded professionals who want to learn the in’s and out’s of the diplomatic process
- Equips participants with master-level skills to combine approaches between foreign service, multilateral diplomacy, and international trade and investment backgrounds
- Introduces an internationally renowned team of lecturers and trainers, all of whom are practitioners in their fields of expertise
- Enables access to EAD Network of Alumni which gathers over 3,000 individuals worldwide
Unless otherwise specifically stated, the workshop will be held in the conference rooms of the European Academy of Diplomacy located in Warsaw, Poland:
European Academy of Diplomacy
Ul. Oleandrow 6
00-629 Warsaw PL
Dates & Applications
The Commercial Diplomacy Workshop will be held from 29 September – 1 October 2014
Recruitment is now open.
Fee includes courses, materials, coffee breaks, lunches, social events and certificate of completion.
All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and accommodation.