The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is a week-long program devoted solely to the Eastern Partnership, European Neighborhood Policy and European Union Foreign Policy. Based on workshops from experts in the fields of EU Foreign Policy (Eastern Partnership and European Neighborhood Policy), and hands-on skills training in International Negotiations, Leadership and Public Speaking, the European Diplomacy Workshop is designed for emerging political and social leaders, public servants and non-governmental representatives who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country. The EDW is a forum for exchanging experiences, discussing challenges and developing cooperation, giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and regional specific knowledge and acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world.
- 40 hours of rigorous lecturers, seminars, workshops, study visits and simulations
- Unique combination of practice and theory, allowing participants to both participate in traditional lectures and engage in the learning process
- Meetings with top-level EU officials and diplomats. Previous editions have met with Senator Richard Lugar, Professor Danuta Hübner (MEP), Minister Bernard Kouchner, Secretary General Javier Solana, Minister Borys Tarsyuk, Prime Minister Carl Bildt and President Lech Walesa
- Workshops on multilateral negotiation public speaking and leadership skills
- Diverse and multicultural participants, which establishes a forum for exchanging experiences and enhancing cooperation. The EDW has hosted more than 250 participants from more than 40 countries in Europe, Africa, North and South Americas, as well as Asia
We are happy to announce that Spring European Diplomacy Workshop participants will receive their diplomas from HE Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz. As Prime Minister (1995-1997) and Minister of Foreign Affairs (2001-2005) Mr. Cimoszewicz was responsible for Polish accession to the European Union and negotiated Polish membership to NATO.
To apply for the 2016 Spring European Diplomacy Workshop, please fill in the online application form and submit a current CV (in Europass format).
Application deadline: 21 March 2016
Recruitment results: 25 March 2016
Scholarship application deadline: 29 February 2016
Scholarship results notification: 7 March 2016
A select number of scholarships will be awarded to participants from Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine), who have completed their 4th year of studies (graduate students, doctoral candidates and early career professionals may also apply).
To apply for the scholarship, submit CV (in Europass format) and a short essay on one of the topics below. The essay should be 3-5 pages, font Times New Roman, size 12 points, line spacing 1,5, side margins 2,5 cm.
1. The future of Eastern Partnership – will it succeed or will it fail?
2. Social unrest in Eastern Partnership countries – origins and consequences.
3. Energy cooperation projects in Eastern Partnership countries as tools of foreign policy.
The scholarship covers accommodation, meals (breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks), workshop & materials, certificates. Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
390 € without accommodation
610 € with accommodation
The registration fee includes 6 days of the courses, materials, coffee breaks, lunches, social events and diploma. All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.