People, who are good public speakers, appear professional, knowledgeable, expert-like. They tend to have faster progressing careers and build better understanding of ideas they promote. Yet, often public speaking is feared of more than death and avoided by many at all times.
The good news is that it can be learnt. With you just showing up and our public speaking expert sharing her expertise and experience, you will advance fast. And even if you are a seasoned speaker, our training is most likely to shed a new light on public speaking and help you develop your skills.
Our public speaking training is designed for fluent speakers of English.
Aim of the training
During the workshop, we will dive into the qualities that make a speech memorable, how to open and close it. We will also dwell on how to prepare a speech and will experiment with storytelling as a means of building rapport with the audience. We will talk about difficult situations that may arise and how to handle them. As we meet to explore and learn, you will also have an opportunity to practice your speeches in “laboratory environment”. And finally, we will work on fear and stress that usually accompanies speakers and on beliefs that may hamper your full success.
Public speaking – its value and my motivation
• Why people want to develop their public speaking skills
• What motivates me to become a better public speaker
• Building natural authority
Where do I begin – rules for creating engaging speeches
• What makes a good speech
• How to make an opening – what does my audience want to hear
• What does science say about public speaking
• How to communicate effectively
Let me tell you a story
• Why storytelling works
• How to tell stories that engage
• True or fictional stories – what to choose
• Storytelling canvas – using templates
• Verbal and non-verbal communication synergy
• How to appear more confident
• Body language – tips and tricks
Difficult situations – how to handle them
• How to behave in difficult situations
• How to answer a difficult question
How to set for success
• Voice exercises
• How to conquer your fear and rising stress
• Limiting beliefs – what they are and what to do with them
• What to do just before the speech
• Get out and speak
At closed trainings it is possible to work on a chosen subject of speeches or to prepare for a certain event. To make the training even more in-depth it is possible to arrange a 2-day meeting.
Open training: 1 day
Closed training: 1-2 days
Price (open training): 140 EUR/590 PLN