This training is intended for individuals seeking expert knowledge of diplomatic protocol and savoir-vivre: public administration employees, private sector representatives, students planning careers in the Polish Foreign Service and other individuals interested in diplomatic protocol.
During the lectures and workshops participants are trained to be able to organize receptions, meetings and conferences and learn the rules of oversea ceremonial organization as well. The program includes also etiquette elements: courtesies, savoir-vivre, beverages, dress code and etiquette of official correspondence.
The course is designed by prominent figures in diplomatic protocol and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to diplomacy
- Diplomatic protocol- general rules as well as rules specific to the European Union
- Cultural differences in diplomatic framework
- Organization of oversea ceremonial, official and occupational visits
- Organization of receptions, meetings and conferences
- Etiquette: courtesies, savoir-vivre, beverages, dress code
- Etiquette of official mail
- Participation in a specially prepared and catered celebration
Lessons take the form of: lectures and workshops, individual practice, case studies, discussions, individual consultations with experts and show buffet reception. The course is completed in two days (16 hours). Participants receive a package of training materials, both paper and electronic. Participation and completion of the course will be confirmed by certificate.
Trainers are also available for one-on-one consultations with program participants.