Good news! We are honoured to confirm that Mr. Linos-Alexandre Sicilianos, President of the European Court of Human Rights, will be the distinguished speaker and honorary guest of the European Diplomacy Workshop! Be sure to hear him speak in the panel discussion on the state of human rights in Europe!
The European Diplomacy Workshop is designed for emerging political and social leaders, public servants and non-governmental representatives who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country. The EDW is a forum for exchanging experiences, discussing challenges and developing cooperation, giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and regional specific knowledge, as well as acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world.
The European Diplomacy Workshop is a week-long programme devoted to the European Union Foreign Policy. Based on expert-led workshops covering Southern and Eastern dimensions of the european neighbourhood policy, relations with China and Russia.
During every edition, participants have the opportunity to meet and receive diplomas from a renowned public figure. Among others the participants of the EDW attended private meetings with Mary Robinson, President of Ireland (1990-1997), Richard Lugar, US Senator (1977-2013), Carl Bildt, Prime Minister of Sweden (1991-1994), Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Russian opposition leader, Professor Danuta Hübner (MEP), Minister Bernard Kouchner, Secretary General Javier Solana, Minister Borys Tarsyuk and Lech Wałęsa, President of Poland (1990-1995).
The programme establishes a network for enhancing better understanding of the European Union and its role in the world among leaders from Europe and beyond. Since 2010, during 17 editions of the EDW, we have hosted 400 participants from 60 countries in Europe, Africa, North and South Americas, as well as Asia.
The curriculum covers topics: Introduction to Foreign Policy, Global Governance, EU Decision Making, EU – China Relations, EU – Russia relations, EU – Eastern Partnership, Policy Analysis Workshop, EU and international conflicts. The agenda is enriched by different study visits.
The programme is dedicated especially to young to mid-career professionals, interested in EU policy. Be aware that the programme is conducted in English, so very good command will be crucial. To apply, please fill in the online APPLICATION FORM and attach your CV. Application is open!
The total fee for the programme is 290 €. The fee includes 5 days of the courses, materials, lunches and coffee breaks and diploma. All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary. We would like to inform you that scholarship applications are not available anymore. Thanks to our partners and sponsors the fee was reduced significantly from 490 € to 290 €.
If you need, please remember that you should plan the journey in advance.
Check the information at the Polish Embassy in your country.
- How to apply? EAD: you should fill in the application form available in the Application Form tab.
- I have applied, but I haven’t received the confirmation. Why? EAD: Check your spam folder for confirmation email. Additionally, within two weeks from application you will receive a follow-up email with detailed information about program and payment details.
- What should I do if I need visa? EAD: The procedure is more complicated. You should take into consideration that you need about month to obtain one. Once you make the payment, we will send you an official invitation. We suggest you make an appointment with the Consulate or Consular section right after receiving the payment information as the waiting times may reach several weeks.
- How much does the average accommodation cost in Warsaw? EAD: The average accommodation in Warsaw will costs about 200 PLN for a single room and 260 PLN for a twin room (about 50 euros). We include accommodation in the program for those who chose participation fee with accommodation. For those who chose participation fee without accommodation, we can give you recommendations for some hotels.
- When will I receive the acceptance letter? EAD: Obtaining a visa is a process that will take about 6 weeks, but we can not start the process more than 12 weeks in advance of the program start date. Because of this, the acceptance letter will be sent to all hopeful participants about 12 weeks before the beginning of the training.
For more information, please contact us by sending an email: email@example.com.
Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org