AddressWarszawa, Oleandrów 6 View map
The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is a week-long program devoted to the European Union Foreign Policy, especially Eastern Partnership and European Neighborhood Policy. Based on expert-led workshops covering Southern and Eastern dimensions of the ENP, relations with Russia, as well as hands-on skills training in International Negotiations, Leadership or Public Speaking, the European Diplomacy Workshop is designed for emerging political and social leaders, public servants and non-governmental representatives who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country. The EDW is a forum for exchanging experiences, discussing challenges and developing cooperation, giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and regional specific knowledge and acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world.
The program is organised in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and PZU.
- 40 hours of rigorous lecturers, seminars, workshops, study visits and simulations
- Unique combination of practice and theory, allowing participants to both participate in traditional lectures and engage in the learning process
- Meetings with top-level EU officials and diplomats. Previous editions have met with Senator Richard Lugar, Professor Danuta Hübner (MEP), Minister Bernard Kouchner, Secretary General Javier Solana, Minister Borys Tarsyuk, Prime Minister Carl Bildt and President Lech Walesa
- Workshops on multilateral negotiation, public speaking or leadership skills
- Diverse and multicultural participants, which establishes a forum for exchanging experiences and enhancing cooperation. The EDW has hosted more than 325 participants from more than 50 countries in Europe, Africa, North and South Americas, as well as Asia
To apply, please fill in the online application form available HERE.
You will be required to attach your CV in Europass format.
A select number of scholarships will be awarded to participants who have completed their 4th year of studies (graduate students, doctoral candidates and early career professionals may also apply).
The scholarship covers accommodation, meals (breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks), workshop & materials, certificates. Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
To apply for the scholarship, submit CV (in Europass format) and a short essay on one of the topics below. The essay should be 3-5 pages, font Times New Roman, size 12 points, line spacing 1,5, side margins 2,5 cm.
- Eastern Partnership – how to re-engage the six member countries?
- South dimension of the ENP – should the EU encourage democratic transitions of its Southern Partners?
- EU Foreign Policy – 10 recommendations for the year 2020.
Scholarship application deadline: 23 October 2016.
390 € without accommodation
610 € with accommodation
The registration fee includes 6 days of the courses, materials, coffee breaks, lunches, social events and diploma. All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.