This intensive, one-day course is a guide for mid- and senior-management to some of the most important ethical issues that arise in leadership situations. Ethical leadership is leadership that is directed by respect for ethical beliefs and values and for the dignity and rights of others. It is thus related to concepts such as trust, honesty, consideration, charisma and fairness. The course is designed to provide participants with much-needed space to reflect on personal and company values, principles and ethical dilemmas central to their day-to-day work, with the goal of improving their leadership skills and motivation.
- Ethics and its Centrality to Leadership
- Principles of Ethical Leadership
- Defining personal & company values
- Perceived Leader Integrity Scale (PLIS) (test)
- Recognizing and Solving Ethical Dilemmas
- Developing Ethical Leaders
The course uses a number of methods which help to enhance the learning experience:
- Interactive classroom discussions and exercises
- Reflection in small groups
- Action-learning assignments and tests
The course will empower participants to find responses to the following questions:
- What are my most important values and principles? What would my subordinates and peers say my values are?
- Will I have the courage to live out my values when there is pressure to compromise and rationalize?
- What is the definition of moral/ethical leadership?
- What are the characteristics of an ethical organization?
- What does it mean to be an authentic leader?
- What do I want people to say about my leadership when I am gone?